Senior Chemist – Competitive package– Our client are a global organisation who have been at the forefront of research to understand and mitigate a wide range of occupational and environmental health risks. Their aim is to improve people’s safety and wellbeing in all aspects of their life.
Duties will be varied and involve supervising analysis, performing routine preparation and analysis, troubleshooting, completing analytical reports, completing quality checks, report and process audits, liaising with clients, training and coaching other team members and ensuring compliance with our UKAS quality standards.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing and analysing samples for our clients using a variety of instruments including: GC and GC/MS, ICP/OES, HPLC/UV/ECD, IC, UV etc
- Reporting analytical results and cross checks as required and in line with lab operating procedures
- Checking and auditing reports and analytical results in line with quality standards
- Completing routine laboratory support functions as part of the wider team including general housekeeping, apparatus cleaning and maintenance
- Following the company quality system requirements including compliance with ISO 17025 (UKAS Accredited)
- Deputising for the head of department in their absence
As a Senior Chemist, in a key role for the business, our client is ideally looking for the following skills and experience:
- Several years practical experience along with two science higher qualifications and a minimum of national 5 in English and Maths and/or a relevant scientific degree
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills
- Experience in client management and deployment of work
- Punctual, reliable and aims for high standards in their work
- Confident working in a laboratory setting
- Has experience of a range of ICT including Microsoft Office and databases
Our client really are a global leader in their field and have worked on life-changing research for 50 years. This is an amazing and rare opportunity to join them and be part of an NFP, who look after their staff and are leaders in research within the field of occupational and environmental health risks.
- Flexible working
- 34 days annual leave including public holidays
- NFP organisation
- Group personal pension
- Income Protection
- Death in Service
- Access to flexible benefits & rewards platform
- Employee Assistance Programme including wellbeing hub and access to a 24hr helpline and counselling service
- On-site parking
- A chance to work for an organisation whose aim is to make people’s lives, and the environment in which we work, better
What should you do next?
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join a NFP organisation who are at the forefront of research and whose main purpose is to improve people’s health and safety at work, at home and in the environment through excellent independent science.
Please apply online or get in touch to discuss further. Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the European Union, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work there. SRG Ltd acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency on behalf of our client in recruitment for this role.