Process Support Chemist required on a permanent basis, based in Cheshire. Requiring a degree in Chemistry, with proven industrial experience of sourcing new raw materials and testing them within existing manufacturing processes.
Title: Process Support Chemist
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 (dependent on experience)
Employment Term: Permanent
SRG are working with a multinational company who specialise in the creation of speciality chemicals for a range of markets. They are now looking to expand their Process team by hiring a Process Support Chemist on a permanent basis at their site in Cheshire. This new role will support a range of teams including manufacturing, process development, analytical and QC through sourcing new raw materials to enhance and optimise production processes. This role will suit candidates that have experience of scale-up chemistry, technology transfer and process development and optimisation.
Benefits: A new role in a highly respected, multi-national company, with significant intellectual property potential and commercial impact. 37.5 hours, Mon-Fri, flexible working hours. Excellent company pension and bonus potential, private healthcare and 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays.
Role / Description
- Support in identifying, sourcing and testing new and alternative raw materials that are key in production processes
- Support in the improvement of yield, energy efficiency, safety and operability of production processes
- Support in conducting production trials through lab work, plant observation, pilot plant trials and plant trials
- Provide detailed technical reports on testing carried out
- Solve issues with production processes in regards to raw materials
- Degree in Chemistry (or similar)
- Proven industrial experience of sourcing new raw materials and testing them within existing manufacturing processes.
- Experience of supporting on plant and in pilot plant and plant trials is advantageous
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: raw materials, sourcing, identifying, source, identify, process development, process optimisation, pilot plant, plant trials, manufacturing, production, chemistry, chemist, support, process optimization, laboratory, scale-up, technology transfer, energy, yield.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted