Job title: Sample technician
Contract type: Permanent and temp roles available
Location: Sand Hutton, York, North Yorkshire
Are you looking a varied, fast paced new role that combines manufacturing, office, and lab work? Do you have an interest in food science or environmental security, or a relevant science degree?
SRG are looking for a Sample preparation assistant to join a global food science company based in York.
As a Sample preparation assistant, you'd be responsible for preparing and storing samples, maintaining a clean work environment, and using the machinery around the facility. The role would involve a wide range of food and agricultural samples.
This role would suit a wide range of backgrounds, including a graduate looking to gain experience and insight into the food science industry, or a professional process or warehouse operative looking for a varied role.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Working to the required safety and quality standards in a laboratory
- Maintaining a clean working environment
- Preparing, storing, and delivering a wide variety of samples to tight deadlines
- Working with chemical contaminants to produce materials for testing
- Using machinery and instruments, from handheld blenders to industrial mixers and mills
- Logging in samples on a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- General duties: record keeping, stocking consumables, emptying waste, cleaning
- A brilliant 'can do' attitude to working in an adaptable environment with a flexible approach to work, to learn, use skills to meet daily challenges and drive your development
- A methodical, organised approach and attention to detail is vital in a scientific environment with the ability to follow instructions and update records
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication and time management skills
- Team working skills and the ability to work at pace are essential
- Scientific knowledge or experience of working with food, animal feed or a background in catering or practical logistics would be beneficial
- An understanding of compliance with Quality Systems accreditation criteria would be ideal
- Basic use of MS Office applications and databases
To apply click the link or send your CV
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted