- Title: Warehouse Operator
- Pay Rate: £13.43 p/h (inclusive of shift uplift - average 42 hours per week)
- Location: Speke, Liverpool
- Shift: 4 on, 4 off. 12 hour shifts. 6am - 6pm
- Contract: Seasonal Contract
- Duration: Jan-June 2023 (minimum dependent on season length + potential for renewal)
SRG are currently looking for a Warehouse Operator with experience within GMP environments to join a global pharmaceutical company based in Liverpool upon the commencement of their next manufacturing season in January 2023. Our client's site in Speke is their global centre of excellence for the production of flu vaccine portfolio. Through innovation, collaboration and ongoing investment the site in Speke has the facilities to research, develop, produce and distribute up to 20 million vaccine doses each year for the global market.
As a Warehouse Operator, you will be responsible for performing various tasks within the materials management function using a wide range of equipment and techniques with the respect to health & safety and quality assurance ensuring that materials are controlled and managed with full adherence to cGMP and demonstrating a flexible approach in order to achieve deadlines:
- Comply with required standards with respect to documentation, good house keeping, cGMP, health and safety, timekeeping, regulatory legislative requirements and in accordance with the rules and requirements of the GMP Compliance Rulebook, the Code of Conduct, quality manual and any other company policies and procedures.
- Take ownership of, and be responsible for, all actions undertaken as part of the role, to ensure commitments to the organisation and colleagues are always met.
- Ensure Operational Excellence is integrated into the team's responsibilities. This should include adopting a philosophy of continuous improvement and a "Right First Time From Me" attitude to all operations.
- To work effectively as part of a team or individually and attain a level where minimal supervision is required and communicate and cooperate in order to develop an effective working environment.
- To understand and comply with HS&E rules and regulations and ensure all documentation is completed correctly and in a timely manner.
- To complete Deviations/CAPA/CR's when required.
- To ensure all materials management documentation is completed accurately and reviewed within the relevant timeframe.
- To perform and oversee the receipt, inspection, storage, transfer, pick, issue, disposal, shipping and distribution of all categories of goods in all areas under the control of AZ Speke UK Manufacturing Operations function, in compliance with all area procedures
- To ensure all stock is available and checked in to the area.
- Control and track inventory/transactions and ensure accuracy for all categories of goods.
- To ensure all samples are taken and transferred to the relevant department with the appropriate documentation.
- To ensure the correct operation and ensure maintenance of equipment in the department is performed (e.g. calibration dates) whilst assisting the engineers in their duties.
- Manage control and monitoring of equipment under Warehouse control as detailed in specific SOPs e.g. BAS and freezers.
- To participate in projects as required by their Team Leaders.
- To ensure all daily duties are performed and documented and act as first point of contact if no Team Leader is available
- Actively manage warehouse activities where appropriate ensuring all tasks are completed compliantly and in a timely manner.
- Train in all appropriate SOP's and MPR's and show a thorough understanding of cGMP
- Manage access, security, monitoring and housekeeping for all areas under Warehouse control ensuring all safety, cGMP, and storage conditions are adhered to.
- Generate and perform inventory checks, cycle counts and reconciliation/investigation as required. Report inventory levels as required
- Work with external service providers/3rd party Supply Chain partners and internal customers e.g.QA, BioCair and DHL to ensure smooth hand-offs
Requirements / Qualifications:
- A good standard of education with GCSE/CSE or equivalent, in English & Maths.
- PC literate
- Previous experience in a GMP environment, preferably within the pharmaceutical industry, is essential
- Previous experience of working within a warehouse environment is essential
- Experience of inventory management systems (ERP), SAP
- Forklift truck license (counter balance & VNA truck)
- Previous experience of supervising a small team would be an advantage
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- To comply with SOP's and adhere to cGMP at all times.
- To ensure that documentation is completed correctly.
- To comply with HS&E rules and regulations at all times.
- Demonstrate a high standard of hygiene and understanding of cGMP at all times.
- Must have well developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- To actively seek methods of increasing efficiency to minimise down time and waste.
Apply online, or alternatively call Chloe Anderson to discuss on 020 3910 9513 or email your CV today.
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted