Senior Downstream Processing Scientist, R&D
Do you have experience across DSP and liquid microbial fermentation? Are you a whiz with an AKTA? Are you looking to gain experience across more projects? If so could be the role for you
SRG are supporting a business who provide key services to the biopharma industry by creating enzymes and other protein based products with a site expansion and recruitment of a number of individuals across multiple technical teams. These products go on to support pharmaceutical, IVD and clinical chemistry around the world and have a huge impact across the industry.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced downstream processing scientist to take on some new responsibilities and act as a hands-on SME through feasibility and development phases, generating data to used in process/analytical outlines to hand over to Process Transfer.
- Design and run DSP workplans including ranges of protein purification techniques
- Drive collaboration within the R&D team to drive efficient processes and meet timelines
- Writing SOPs and developing methods for processes or equipment
- Data gathering and analysis
- Support development and technical leadership of technicians and junior scientists
- Collaborate across the business with other technical teams
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Experience with protein purification techniques. AKTA, ultrafiltration, SDS, HPLC etc
- Competent at data review and method development
- BSc (or other degree types) in Biochemistry or other related topic
- Other basic laboratory techniques ie pipetting, making solutions
- Understanding of GMP and freeze-drying beneficial
Why work for this business?
- Brand new facilities and state of the art equipment
- Excellent benefits, including private medical, up to 10% matching pension and lots more
- Relocation support for moving to Kent
- Huge focus on corporate social responsibility including 5 paid days off per year for non-profit work and lots of environmental and CSR opportunities
- Lots of long-serving staff members
To find out more about these fantastic opportunities or the other opportunities within Process Development or Analytical Transfer contact Hannah Mason
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted