Job Title: Process Development Scientist Location: North WestEmployment Term: PermanentSalary: NegotiableSRG are working with a fast-growing contract development and manufacturing organisation (CDMO) with more than 50 years' experience in developing and manufacturing Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs). This is complemented by Antibody Drug Conjugate (ADC) research and development bioconjugation services. They are looking for a Process Development Scientist who will work across as stages stages from early research (non-GMP) through to full development of processes for clinical trials manufacture (cGMP regulated). The position is laboratory based, with 80% of time spent in the laboratory and 20% in the office.Responsibilities:
- Performing the conjugation of small molecules (e.g. cytotoxins and chelators) and polymers to antibodies and proteins using a number of chemical and enzymatic conjugation techniques.
- Characterising manufactured antibody and protein conjugates using HPLC and mass spectrometry.
- Presenting data to clients and internal scientific teams.
- Keeping accurate records and documenting experimental results in laboratory notebooks.
- Planning you own work to meet project objectives in a timely manner.
- Taking part in laboratory housekeeping and contributing to general maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Performing tasks accurately following protocols (standard operating procedures (SOPs) and risk assessments) in compliance with health and safety procedures.
- Embodying our company values, which are: be reliable, be caring, be transparent and be willing.
- Minimum BSc in Chemistry / Protein Biochemistry or related Science discipline.
- Demonstrable hands-on laboratory experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Protein conjugation / modification.
- Protein downstream purification - chromatography and TFF.
- Protein physicochemical analysis - specifically HPLC and Mass Spectrometry.
- Must be a team player with proven experience of working within a high performing team.
- Scientific mindset with problem solving skills and have the drive to see issues to a successful resolution.
- Excellent communication skills, organisational skills and with a good eye for detail.
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Usama at For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Usama on 07435 944421.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted