Lab Analyst - new job in Arbroath, UK
SRG are working with a well-established food & drinks company to help them find a Lab Analyst to join the team on a part time basis.
The Lab Analyst will provide accurate and efficient routine quality control analysis of samples submitted to the laboratory according to Company Methods and Procedures.
Part time role - average of 17.5 hours per week.
Thursdays & Fridays and alternate Mondays. 9am- 5pm
This role will be on an initial temp contract before going permanent.
- Prepare samples ready for analysis and organise daily workload
- Perform routine quality control analysis accurately and efficiently according to company methods while adhering to current safety procedures
- Record raw data and final results concisely and neatly in appropriate laboratory
Health & Safety
- Prepare standard reagents and equipment necessary to perform routine QC
- Ensure work place is clean & tidy in order that analysis can be performed safely and effectively, and ensure the correct PPE is used.
- Ensure that laboratory malt samples are stored properly and labelled with correct information
- To assist in the training of new members of staff and/or students in routine analytical methods and procedures
- To ensure that all control charts and maintenance documents are kept up to date
- Input results into AX in a timely manner so ensure a smooth flow of info.
- Educated to Highers level in Chemistry/Biology or other science-related subject
- Basic understanding of the malting process
- Be able to demonstrate an aptitude for operating laboratory instrumentation which involves calibration, maintenance and essential problem solving skills
Please apply online if you meet the above requirements and think this could be the next perfect role for you!
For more information please contact Aoife on or 0141 225 5456
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted