Animal Technician - new job in Hull, UK
Animal Technician Location: Grimston Salary: £20,000-£21,000 per annum + benefits Contract: PermanentI am working with an international bioresource company, providing animal models for the crucial research and development of life saving therapies for both humans and animals. We are looking for an animal technician to join the team and assist the business with maintaining their high standards of quality and animal welfare.This is an entry level position, you can expect to be working within a team of likeminded Animal Technicians, reporting to the Team Leader. This is a full-time position on a permanent basis.Responsibilities include:
- Routine animal husbandry
- Maintain animal welfare and hygiene standards (by following SOPs)
- Ensure all work is completed in accordance with Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 including Home Office
- Complete daily monitoring and reporting of the animal unit environment
(Please note that this list is not exhaustive)Our ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Eagerness to learn.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Have the right to work in the UK.
- Problem solving skills.
Next steps:If you are interested in this position, please send your CV (the full job description is available on request) If your application is successful, you will be invited to a video interview (conducted via Microsoft teams), followed by screening checks.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted