Technologist - new job in Coventry, UK
Technologist needed on a 12-month fixed term contract based in Coventry. NPD and polymer knowledge essential, must hold a driving license and be able to travel internationally when required.
Job Title: Technologist
Contract: 12-month FTC
Salary: up to £35,000
SRG are working with an exciting international specialist in luxury PVC flooring to find a Technologist to join their leading technical team in Coventry. This role will involve participation in key Research and Development projects within an agreed time scale in accordance with the needs of the business. In return, you will have the chance to travel to the US, Europe and the Far East to provide effective technical support worldwide.
- Develop technically innovative new products using the New Product Development (NPD) process to maintain position as technical market leader.
- Evaluate and introduce alternative raw materials at laboratory and trial scale to ensure cost reduction and technical improvement.
- Provide effective technical support to Manufacturing primarily in the UK but also in the USA when required in order to resolve process issues and see ideas through from trial status through process optimization to successful implementation.
- Generate and progress new ideas for new PVC and non-PVC products to ensure that the company is at the forefront of technology development.
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve the product/process and reduce cost.
- Provide effective support to Sales, Marketing and Aftercare teams when required to ensure that issues are resolved/questions are answered as quickly as possible.
- Aid in the benchmarking of competitor products to establish opportunities for NPD and weaknesses in competitor products.
- Identify opportunities for technology transfer and introduction of new technology to deliver innovative new products.
- Develop effective working relationships with current suppliers and identify potential new suppliers to ensure that new development programmes deliver successful new products.
- Participate in multi-functional project teams to deliver projects in accordance with the business objectives.
- Undertake internal testing and commission external testing when appropriate to aid in the resolution of technical issues.
- Produce a concise 4 weekly report of progress to ensure that the technical department composite Board report can be completed on time.
- Carry out other duties as required and requested by line manager in line with the job purpose.
- Use of specialist test and analytical and laboratory process equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Materials Science or Polymer Chemistry/Technology.
- Technical experience (preferably industrial, although can be through relevant education) in polymer processing covering a range of different technologies including flexible PVC technology.
- Experience in formulation in coatings/chemical industry.
- Delivery of new product developments to commercial launch.
- Continuous/Process Improvement knowledge.
- Willingness to travel to the USA, Europe and Far East as required.
- Driving licence.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted