R&D Technologist - new job in Merseyside, UK
R&D Technologist required in Merseyside with proven industrial experience in the development of fibre, polymer, rubber or similar materials
~ £40,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG are working with a global and world-leading manufacturer of high performance products who supply global markets and who are looking to hire a R&D Technologist. This will be a key role in driving the R&D strategy forward to meet the needs of current and future markets, it will focus on multiple projects developing new materials, particularly rubber latex, polymer, glass cord and carbon fibre technologies for niche applications. This would be an excellent career opportunity for someone with experience in the R&D of these types of materials.
Benefits: A small technical team in a dynamic, busy environment, with opportunities to lead projects. Very good potential for career development, and opportunities to travel internationally to visit customers, attend conferences, and trade shows.
37.5 working hours per week, 8.00am - 4.30pm, Monday to Friday. 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days. Employer pension contribution up to 8%.
- Planning and undertaking materials development and formulation to meet bespoke customer requirements
- Conducting research and analysis to inform product development
- Reformulating and modifying processes to meet the technical demands of various applications
- Improving profitability through cost engineering and process improvement
- Carrying out plant trials on site
- Quality testing of intermediate and finished products, such as viscosity, cross-linking, reactivity, stiffness, hysteretic, thermal, strength, modulus, fatigue, etc.
- Proven industrial experience in development/formulation of elastomers, polymers, coatings, polyurethanes, silicones, rubbers, composites, adhesives, latex or similar materials
- Able to apply Design of Experiment and Analysis of Variance methodology in development work
- Experience in technical consulting with customers is a big advantage
- Innovative mind set and strong problem-solving skills
- Able to manage own projects and adapt to dynamic and changing priorities
- Must be self-motivated, enthusiastic, and eager to learn
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Raffa on 0161 888 2517. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies. If you know of someone else who may be interested in this role, please do pass on my details.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: Chemistry, development, develop, R&D, research & development, formulate, formulation, formulating, elastomer, rubber, latex, silicone, coating, polymer, composite, adhesive, thermoplastic, polymer science, rubber technology, polyurethane, thermoset polyurethane, material science
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted