Technical Waste Assessor - new job in Greater Manchester, UK
Technical Waste Assessor required on a permanent basis, based in Greater Manchester. Requiring a degree or HNC in Chemistry or a related subject and strong wet chemistry analysis skills. Proven industrial experience/knowledge of the waste industry is desirable but not essential.
Title: Technical Waste Assessor
Location: Greater Manchester
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 (dependent on experience)
SRG are currently working with a speciality waste management company who operate nationwide. Priding themselves on their ability to provide a diverse range of services which includes both hazardous & non-hazardous disposal & treatment solutions, they now have an opportunity for an Technical Waste Assessor to join their team based in Greater Manchester on a permanent basis. This role will involve ensuring that all incoming and outgoing waste samples are correctly classified, whilst certifying that a trail of records is maintained. Candidates with strong wet analytical chemistry skills, with proven industrial experience/knowledge of the waste industry are encouraged to apply.
Benefits: An opportunity to join one of the UKs largest facilities for the treatment and processing of hazardous waste. 8:00am - 4:30pm Monday - Friday with overtime available. Holidays and pension scheme.
Role / Description
- Following procedures to technical assess waste enquiries including pre-acceptance, acceptance, sampling & compatibility processes
- Recording of samples accordingly
- Correctly logging data required for the transport and acceptance of waste samples
- Keep up to date with site processing capabilities to enable the safe and correct routing of waste samples
- Ensure compliance of all waste management licenses and permits
- Liaise with internal teams including customer services, sales and operational functions
- Advise on the transport, labelling and consignment of waste samples when required
- Maintaining and updating the management systems on-site including document control, preparing data and reviewing when necessary
- A degree or equivalent qualification / experience in Chemistry or a related field
- Proven industrial experience or knowledge of the Hazardous Waste Sector
- Strong wet chemistry analysis skills
- Organised, with a keen eye for detail
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: chemistry, chemist, analyst, analytical, analyse, analysis, testing, laboratory, chemicals, waste, hazardous waste, process chemistry, wet chemistry, MS, GC, gas chromatography, XRF, IR, UICP, TOC, incoming and outgoing waste, waste chemist, site chemist, assessing waste
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted