Senior Analytical Chemist - new job in Reading, UK
SRG are supporting the growth of a specialist synthetic chemistry solutions provider as they recruit for a Senior Analytical Chemist to join their stable, experienced team. Based on the niche skill requirements of the role this is a great opportunity to earn above the market norm with a very generous salary on offer for the right person.
The company is an API and speciality ingredients manufacturer which focuses on the development and manufacture of acid derivatives and are on a mission to develop solutions for possible neurodegenerative (such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's disease) and metabolic disease intervention. These solutions are developed at the UJ R&D site, which is also a leading provider of complex rare oligosaccharides and glycoconjugates and offers bespoke carbohydrate synthesis solutions for biotech and pharma customers.
They are now recruiting for a motivated and experienced Senior Analytical Chemist to join our team. In this role you will be able to apply your experience in an innovative fast paced development environment. It is an exciting opportunity for a proactive scientist to take a leading role in the analysis and characterisation of novel API materials, aiding the development, scale up and transfer of processes for both our inhouse and client projects. You will be working in the development and optimisation of methods as well as the performance and co-ordination of forced degradation and method validation studies. The Analytical team also supports, as required, their catalogue business, stability testing, GMP batch manufacturing and release activities along with analytical method transfers to cGMP contract manufacturing organisations.
Key activities include:
- Perform efficient and effective method development/optimisation tasks, method transfers, validations, forced degradation and stability studies, including the preparation of protocols and reports to the required standard, as required.
- Develop testing requirements appropriate for different phases of API development, regulatory approval, and commercialization.
- Work collaboratively with other areas of the business to develop and establish methods specifications, new techniques, recommend alternative approaches and solutions to analytical challenges.
- Provide scientific leadership & technical guidance, training and coaching to other members of the Analytical team.
- Work and engaging with external analytical testing and equipment vendors.
You must have
- Minimum: BSc/MSc in Analytical, Bioanalytical, Pharmaceutical Sciences or Organic Chemistry with a minimum of 5 years relevant industrial experience in an analytical laboratory performing testing and data analysis/interpretation within the pharmaceutical sector.
- Strong method development background with exposure to FTIR spectroscopy
- In-depth knowledge of analytical techniques and methodologies (instrumental and wet chemistry) used in the pharmaceutical sector and demonstration of their practical application in the analysis of in process and final API materials.
- In-depth theoretical knowledge and practical application of method development, validation and troubleshooting of HPLC, UPLC and good practical knowledge of GC, GC-headspace, IC, KF, UV and polarimetry.
- Exposure to carbohydrate synthesis
If you feel like you could be a good fit for this role please forward your CV in Word format.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted