PRINCIPLE SCOPE & OBJECTIVES:
Responsible for ensuring that all customer orders raised are picked, packed and distributed to agreed times using a combination of in-house transportation and via a network of external carrier businesses.KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Responsible for all planned product picking, order packing & preparation and transport scheduling for meeting all customer order requirements.
- Manage the team on technical best practice and establish/maintain (as required) standard policies and procedures whilst also mentoring and leading the department.
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact of Warehouse and Distribution activities towards meeting customer needs.
- Manage all aspects of our internal transportation/driver arrangements
- Fully responsible for the management of all haulier/courier relationships to ensure best delivery performance is achieved and best value services are available that ensures we achieve competitive pricing for product delivery to customers.
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing Warehouse team that meets agreed objectives and which delivers best practice & added value department results.
- Work as part of the Management team to share ideas that routinely challenge current arrangements towards improved customer services.
- Recommending, supporting and implementing continuous improvement activities and process and procedure improvements to optimise results and improve quality of delivery, in line with quality standards requirements delivery in line with Company and Customer requirements
- Support, comply and ensure complicity with Health & Safety regulations, the Company Handbook, Quality and Environmental standards, and all other Company policies and procedures
Extensive & proven experience in a professional role overseeing a warehouse and distribution facility covering multiple daily transactions of mixed pallet picking and customer driven delivery demands.
Experience of team management in a Warehouse/Distribution environment.
Experience of multi-disciplinary team management.
Proven ability and experience of working to tight deadlines.
Working knowledge of building chemical products or related chemistries.
Knowledge of quality assurance procedures and management processes within a warehouse/distribution platform.
Proven knowledge/full understanding of health & safety requirements including COSHH Assessments & general Risk assessments.
Experience of ISO 45001.
Understanding of CLP/ADR Regulations.
Understanding of Labelling and transportation.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted