Job Title: Senior Research Technician - Tissue Culture or Oral Microbiology
Type: Temporary 4-6 months with a possible view to extension or permanent
Salary: £28,000 - 34,000 per annum- dependent on experience
Location: West Yorkshire, England
SRG are currently working with a very well-established organisation responsible for independent research and education of future scientists.
The successful candidate will support with innovative research and also work closely with the lab team to deliver world class training, whilst maintaining a good working knowledge of laboratory health and safety policy and overseeing the maintenance of all research equipment and service contracts.
Responsible for supporting the delivery of core activities for basic, clinical and applied research in oral biology, using a range of tissue culture or microbiological approaches.
Specific techniques involved could include:
- Basic and Advanced Microbiology techniques
- Biofilm growth and characterisation
- Mammalian cell culture
- Molecular biology including RTPCR, 16SrRNA sequencing and metagenomics
- Clinical studies
- Functional and/or biochemical assays, ELISA etc
- Imaging (e.g. SEM, CLSM)
- A degree in microbiological/biological science and substantial relevant laboratory-based experience in microbiology/biology or a related scientific discipline.
- Research experience of oral microbiology, anaerobic microbiology, immunological analyses and cell culture.
- Research experience of human cell culture, including cell lines and primary cell cultures and stable transfection.
- Experience of working with analytical instrumentation.
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Behruz at For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Behruz on 0161 868 2202.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted