QC Analyst required, based in Cheshire. Scientific degree preferred and either experience with GC in University or industrial analytical experience.
Title: QC Analyst
Salary: Competitive (Dependent on experience)
Job Type: Permanent
SRG is working with a long-established manufacturer of speciality compounds for the consumer goods sector. Based in Cheshire, they are now looking for a new QC Analyst to join the Quality team. The team use Gas Chromatography regularly, and other analytical techniques and equipment so this would be a great opportunity for either a graduate chemist who is familiar with Gas Chromatography analysis or someone with analytical experience from a working laboratory, e.g., in contract testing, food, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, etc.
Benefits: Full training provided and great potential for career development in due course. 37.5 working hours per week, 9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday. 22 Days holiday + 8 bank holidays. Contributory pension scheme.
Role / Description
- Undertaking routine and non-routine QC testing of raw materials, in process and finished products including GC, GC-MS, IR, UV-VIS, Karl Fischer titrations
- Conducting method development on an ad-hoc project basis, adapting existing methods
- Sensory evaluation of products
- Maintaining GLP and safety standards in the lab
- Investigating customer complaints in collaboration with cross functional team members
- Leasing with the QC supervisor to prioritise workload
- BSc degree in Chemistry, Biology, Forensic Science, Food Science or similar is preferred
- Industrial experience in an analytical laboratory
- Previous industrial or academic experience using Gas Chromatography (GC) or GC-MS (e.g., in a final year project or practical module)
- Any experience of method development is beneficial but not essential
- Ability to collaborate and work well in a team
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Jack on 0161 888 2557. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: QC, quality control, laboratory, analysis, analyst, analytical, technician, chemist, GC, GCMS, GC-MS, Gas Chromatography, chromatography, chemistry, biology, pharmaceutical, contract testing, environmental testing, forensic, food science, chemical
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted