My client is looking for a Production Unit Leader, relocation package on offer and Visa sponsorship if already living in the UK.
The objectives of a PPC Production Unit Leader include but are not limited to the following:
- Achieving the production targets, defined on a daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly basis, in alignment with the overall site strategy.
- Being responsible for short-, mid-, and long-term planning; both PPC and personal objectives, CAPEX, as well as maintenance and shutdown / start-up activities.
- Setting and controlling budget for own area of the business.
- Overseeing human resource management activities for the PPC and providing support to safely achieve business goals and role model Company values on all activities undertaken.
- Managing the PPC-dedicated support functions, e.g. the plant engineer, technical specialist and the respective interfaces to other departments to ensure maximum knowledge exchange.
- Leading, managing, and developing the Shift Supervisors / Operation Team Leaders as direct reports.
- Aligning proactively and exchanging relevant information with the support functions to enable an efficient site-wide use of resources.
- Being responsible for delivering operational compliance in alignment with QHSE, e.g. ensuring that the respective tasks of the Major Accident Prevention Plan (MAPP) are successfully conducted by the PPC staff.
- Managing, monitoring and continuously improving upon manufacturing plant performance key standards including safety & environment, cost & delivery on time, plant reliability, product and effluent quality, raw material and utility consumption, and plant cycle times.
- Being proactively supportive to new approaches of Operational Excellence topics and Continuous Improvement technologies.
Moreover, the role of a Production Unit Leader involves a wide range of additional tasks that include:
- Acting as a key point of contact for information concerning designated area of responsibility
- Showing passion for content and being eager to deliver what has been promised
- Proactively engaging in site-wide communication and topics anchored within other PPCs
Qualifications / Experience
- A degree in chemical engineering, chemistry and / or management, or equivalent
- Proven track record of successful leadership including the ability to make decisions, and motivate and influence others
- Significant experience in a chemical plant management role or directly related equivalent
- A thorough understanding of Health and Safety practices within the chemical industry preferably within an Upper Tier COMAH environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of Six Sigma and lean techniques
- A methodical and organised approach to work
Additional InformationThe successful candidate will need to demonstrate a natural approach to leadership and be committed to achieving high work standards. They will also be required to fulfil a business emergency response leadership role (e.g. Duty Manager) as requested.This is a full-time role - Monday to Friday, 39 hours per week. Start & finish times will vary depending on departmental needs.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search