- Role- REACH Safety Associate
- Contract- 6 months
- Location - Hull - potential to work remote
SRG are currently looking for an REACH Associate to join a global HealthCare organisation based in Hull. This organisation has a global presence, producing power brands within three main sectors, Health, Hygiene and Nutrition.
The purpose of this REACH Safety Associate role is to provide REACH support to Regulatory Chemical Management and GSA teams to ensure the continued safety and compliance of products related to REACH and CLP.
- The role will involve being part of a team (6-8) of dedicated technical experts responsible for conducting human (toxicology) risk safety assessments and environmental safety assessments, to ensure the delivery of high quality, safety documentation and programmes to meet the business safety requirements.
- Be able to ensure timely and quality responses to Regulatory intelligence alerts and provide timely communications to internal teams and external forums in relation to safety REACH positions related to marketed products.
- Follow scientific and regulatory development in the field of product safety by active participation in relevant external bodies and meetings as appropriate to pro-actively address and implement new knowledge and standards where applicable.
- The individual will be responsible for ensuring that the Company safety standards are met for all existing Company products and will actively contribute to the development and maintenance of processes, policies, guidelines to drive high quality consistent deliverables.
- The REACH Safety Associate will be a contributor and will be developed as a subject matter expert within the GSA organisation on REACH, responsible for ensuring high-quality assessments are conducted to support discussions at the relevant forums.
Skills / Experience
- BSc or equivalent degree and preferably a higher post-graduate qualification relevant to biological science, biomedical science, chemistry, pharmacology, or toxicology (or a closely related discipline with relevant post-graduate experience).
- Product safety or chemical management experience in a similar position with a good working knowledge of the REACH and CLP regulations preferred.
- Working knowledge of down-stream user responsibilities related to the communication of safety information via the eSDS is preferred. Training will be provided.
- Good organisational and communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain relationships internally and externally with customers and suppliers.
- Be forward thinking and proactive in communication of changing hazard profiles and implications of REACH evaluation and Restriction activities.
- Proven experience in leading the safety assessment of Consumer Healthcare products and ingredients.
- Technical project team member role with the ability to work in collaboration cross boundaries and motivate others.
- Ability to analyse and interpret data and document within a formal risk assessment.
- Technical knowledge in toxicological Human toxicological risk assessment.
- Self-motivated with strong initiative and drive.
- Personal resilience to thrive within a fast-paced moving environment.
- Good business acumen.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call 020 3910 9513.
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted