Regulatory Officer required, based in Greater Manchester. Requiring a degree in Chemistry (or a similar field) and an understanding of Regulatory Affairs within the Chemicals industry.
Title: Regulatory Officer
Location: Greater Manchester
Salary: £27,000 - £35,000 (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a well-established manufacturer of speciality chemical products who have been consistently growing for a number of years. They are currently looking for a Regulatory Officer to join the team on a permanent basis, at their site in Greater Manchester. This role will predominantly involve supporting in ensuring the awareness of regulatory issues relating to products and developments, as well as advising on compliance and regulatory issues and queries across the business. This role would suit candidates who have experience of Regulatory Affairs and are looking to advance their careers in this field. Alternatively, this role would suit candidates that have laboratory experience but would like to switch to an office-based role.
Role / Description
- Supporting with authoring Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) relating to products across the business
- Researching and checking various sources for updated regulations, new consultative documents and other HSE and regulatory information relevant to the business and their products
- Providing assistance and advice/support when needed across the business with regulatory affairs
- Supporting with internal audits and health and safety inspections
- Assisting with the organisation, co-ordination and administration of internal audits and rolling audits
- Searching health and safety databases for relevant information when required
- Supporting with Chemical registrations including EU-REACH and UK-REACH
- Assisting with the administration of relevant regulatory documentation including SDS, MSDS, SOPs, controlled documents and product datasheets
- Degree in Chemistry (or similar)
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of regulatory affairs within the chemicals industry
- Knowledge of UK and EU REACH Registrations
- Confidence with large scientific data sets
- Good organisation skills and a keen eye for detail
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: SDS, Safety Data Sheet, MSDS, Material Safety Data Sheet, TDS, Technical Data Sheet, regulatory, compliance, excel, chemical data, REACH, chemical safety, product safety, registration, regulatory affairs
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted