Occupational Hygienist– Competitive package– Edinburgh or Stafford- Our client are a global organisation who have been at the forefront of research to understand and mitigate a wide range of occupational and environmental health risks. Their aim is to improve people’s safety and wellbeing in all aspects of their life.
The role will involve delivering consultancy excellence for our clients as well as providing professional and technical support internally and externally. You will also be required to work to UKAS standards, therefore previous experience of working within an accredited environment would be ideal. The role will involve extensive travel, both nationally and internationally where required.
- COSHH Exposure Monitoring and Assessments
- Workplace and Environmental Noise Assessments
- Local Exhaust Ventilation Testing
- Hand Arm Vibration Monitoring
- Respirator Face Fit Testing
- Indoor Air Quality Assessments
- Legionella Risk Assessments
- Ventilation testing in Hospitals, including airflow measurements
- Microbiological sampling and auditing
- Preparing, writing and reviewing technical reports
- Costing work and preparing tenders
- Assisting with Training Courses for clients
- Scheduling work and ensuring on-time service delivery
- Accountability for profit and loss
- Maintaining key account management
As an experienced Occupational Hygienist, our client is ideally looking for the following skills and experience:
- Broad understanding of the Occupational Hygiene industry with several years’ practical experience
- Experience and BOHS Qualifications in Workplace Air Monitoring, Workplace Noise Assessment, and LEV Examination & Testing
- Desirable if experienced in Hand Arm + Whole Body Vibration Assessments, COSHH Risk Assessments, Legionella Risk Assessments, Thermal Assessments, Environmental Noise
- Full driving licence is essential as the role will involve extensive UK wide travel - a vehicle will be provided.
- Highly motivated and organised individual with a flexible approach to work
- Capable of managing own workload to defined timescales as well as working collaboratively within a team
- Aiming to progress and develop in an exciting and supportive team
The Company and Benefits
Our client really are a global leader in their field and have worked on life-changing research for 50 years. This is an amazing and rare opportunity to join them and be part of an NFP, who look after their staff and are leaders in research within the field of occupational and environmental health risks.
- Company Car
- 34 days annual leave including public holidays
- Group personal pension
- Income Protection
- Death in Service
- Access to flexible benefits & rewards platform
- Employee Assistance Programme including wellbeing hub and access to a 24hr helpline and counselling service
- A chance to work for an organisation whose aim is to make people’s lives, and the environment in which we live, better
What should you do next?
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join a NFP organisation who are at the forefront of research and whose main purpose is to improve people’s health and safety at work, at home and in the environment through excellent independent science.
Please apply online or get in touch to discuss further. Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the European Union, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work there. SRG Ltd acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency on behalf of our client in recruitment for this role.