Senior Exposure Scientist– Competitive package– Our client are a global organisation who have been at the forefront of research to understand and mitigate a wide range of occupational and environmental health risks. Their aim is to improve people’s safety and wellbeing in all aspects of their life.
Our client are seeking to appoint a Senior Exposure Scientist in the nanosafety Section of their Research Team. The post holder will work on existing commercial and research projects undertaken by the SAFENANO Section and the wider organisation and contribute to developing new proposals for future work. You will be a key participant in the development and delivery of research proposals, project delivery and the exploration of consultancy science into practice.
- Having a leading and supporting role in existing commercial and research projects
- Developing and maintaining field, laboratory and consultancy services. This will include regular travel both nationally and internationally as required
- Training, coaching and mentoring existing staff to improve and develop the nanosafety service capabilities
- Leading proposal development for a range of research and consultancy clients
- Maintaining and developing connection to the nanomaterials exposure and safety community to develop commercial and research opportunities
- Delivering and reporting instrumental measurement surveys and assessing workplace exposure of particulate emissions from manufacturing processes and nanomaterial handling activities, as part of a team, to identify and evaluate potential exposures to hazards
- Delivering laboratory-based particle characterisation in support of client needs
- Writing client reports and contributing to articles for peer-reviewed publication
- Responsibility for client liaison, business development campaigns and marketing of services at conferences and exhibitions
- Regularly present and attend scientific conferences / networking events ultimately showcasing the organisations brand credentials as well as continuously developing, and expanding, scientific expertise
- Further developing services in exposure science, toxicology, consultancy and training
As a Senior Exposure Scientist, in a key role for the business, our client is ideally looking for the following skills and experience:
- Degree in a relevant physical science with post graduate qualification(s) or >5 years post-graduate experience in a role relevant to this post.
- Chartered Scientist status from a relevant professional body or industry qualification in occupational hygiene is not essential but would be advantageous
- Instrumental analysis of materials in a laboratory and field environment relevant to the monitoring and assessment of fibres, particles and aerosols in a workplace setting.
- Working on commercial contracts and longer-term research projects in a lead role.
- Writing commercial and research proposals and reports.
- Chemical safety & risk assessment.
- Training, coaching and mentoring.
- Development of new work areas with team collaboration.
- Regulatory development and/or understanding for workplace exposure and safety
- Strong IT skills
- Problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
The Company and Benefits
Our client really are a global leader in their field and have worked on life-changing research for 50 years. This is an amazing and rare opportunity to join them and be part of an NFP, who look after their staff and are leaders in research within the field of occupational and environmental health risks.
- Flexible working
- 34 days annual leave including public holidays
- NFP organisation
- Group personal pension
- Income Protection
- Death in Service
- Access to flexible benefits & rewards platform
- Employee Assistance Programme including wellbeing hub and access to a 24hr helpline and counselling service
- On-site parking
- A chance to work for an organisation whose aim is to make people’s lives, and the environment in which we live, better
What should you do next?
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join a NFP organisation who are at the forefront of research and whose main purpose is to improve people’s health and safety at work, at home and in the environment through excellent independent science.
Please apply online or get in touch to discuss further. Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the European Union, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work there. SRG Ltd acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency on behalf of our client in recruitment for this role.