Operations Manager required in South Yorkshire. Must either come from a chemistry background and/ OR be a COTC holder. Ideally with experience managing a P&L, management experience, and worked in waste management. Must have H&S training
~£34,000 - £40,000
SRG are working with a leading waste management and recycling company who have a long and successful history of supporting the UK chemical industry. They are now looking for an Operations Manager to join the team at a flagship site in South Yorkshire. The role would involve assisting in the running a large P&L, managing a team of site chemists, admin staff, transport staff and operatives, ensuring all compliance requirements are met, ensuring strict health and safety measures are in place and being followed, and most importantly - be a leader that can motivate staff and can improve team cohesiveness and morale. You must be self-driven, confident and solution driven.
Benefits: 40 working hours per week, 24 days holiday + statutory bank holidays. Operational times are between 6am and 6pm. A bonus scheme, a company pension scheme and other benefits.
- Assisting in the managing of the site profit and loss accounts and influencing how the site's resources are allocated
- Managing site staff, ensuring all assignments are working efficiently and collaboratively
- Ensuring all site compliance requirements are clearly established, communicated and have strict adherence
- Ensuring all strict health and safety regulations are established, communicated and have strict adherence
- Lead with compassion, confidence, encouragement, and a great attitude, and push staff morale and work satisfaction
- Must come from a chemistry background and/ or hold a COTC (Certificate of Technical Competence) qualification
- Have proven experience in the running of a P&L
- Have experience enforcing compliance and health and safety regulations, ideally IOSH, NEBOSH and/ or BSC (British Safety Council) trained
- Must have managerial experience/ positions of leadership
- Ideally come from a waste management background
- Must have good interpersonal, organisational, communication, time management, and people management skills
- Must already have full rights to work in the UK
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Raffa on 0161 888 2517. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies. If you know of someone else who may be interested in this role, please do pass on my details.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: hazardous waste, waste management, depot, site management, operations manager, communication, time management, organised, degree, chemical, transfer station, managerial, COTC, certificate of technical competence, regulatory, compliance, H&S, health and safety, leadership, IOSH, NEBOSH, British Safety Council
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted