Job title: MRP Controller
Location: Henlow, UK
Contract: 12 month (possibility for extension)
Salary: £17.50p/h to £18.40p/h
SRG are looking for an MRP Controller to join a leading Defence/Aerospace company based in Henlow.
The MRP Controller will be primarily responsible for the day to day management of existing and future manufacturing schedules, delivering Logistics Management activities and to ensure customer programmes are met in a timely manner.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the management and co-ordination of all planning related activities to deliver the Manufacturing Planning Schedule (MPS) to time, cost and quality. With the following main specific responsibilities: -
- Co-ordination and execution of all activities related to the planning and procurement of materials. Ensuring the timely and adequate supply of materials so manufacturing can output the Master Production Schedule (MPS).
- Release, manage and schedule all work in the MRP system, and ensure delivery forecasts are maintained and communicated to customers.
- Ensure efficient and affective material inventories in line with inventory targets whilst minimising excess waste and costs. Maintain accuracy of the MRP system by conducting regular stock checks.
- Work closely with the Supply Planner to communicate potential plan changes and resolve constraints in the supply chain.
- Identify risks related to supplied parts to the planning and control team lead for escalation within the sales and ops process.
- Work closely with Goods Receiving, stores and despatch (Logistic Services) to manage inventory levels, resolve queries, maintain MRP system accuracy and ensure the required paperwork is submitted for stores and despatch related transactions.
- Maintain the manufacturing bill of materials and manufacturing strategy by ensuring master data is topical.
- Relevant experience in Manufacturing planning, Supply chain management or a related position.
- APICs supply chain certification desirable but not essential to the role.
- Experience in the use of SAP would be beneficial.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and MRP systems.
- Good Planning and organising skills.
- Communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search