Deputy Laboratory Manager - Biomedical Science and Digital Diagnostics
Salary approximately equivalent to NHS Band 7
This role represents the opportunity to lead and coach a team of skilled Biomedical Scientists and Medical Laboratory Assistants for a company working towards evolving the diagnostic tool available for medical professionals. Tests run on NHS samples are already showing positive results, wait time for diagnosis dramatically and catching illnesses earlier.
The businesses utilises and continues to develop image analysis tools to use in conjunction with the platform they have developed to detect disease, particularly cancer, earlier.
- Daily management of a skilled team of MLA and BMS/Snr BMS team members, including coaching, milestone monitoring, up-skilling and demonstrating/training several core histopathology, cytology and cellular pathology techniques on many biological samples.
- Reporting to the Lab Manager and working closely with the Quality Manager and VP of Operations to promote and maintain a robust clinical service for customers and staff.
- Perform and oversee the specimen preparation and dissection technique under the guidelines of the Royal College of Pathologists and internal SOPs.
- Working alongside the Quality team to uphold the stringent standards of lab practice according to ISO 15189 and HCPC policies, manage and update the LIMS and provide training to more junior staff members.
- Participate in all relevant External Quality Assessment schemes and be responsible for all UKNEQAS CPT scheme memberships.
- Use a combination of commercial acumen and proven processes in your decision-making.
- Work to implement and uphold company policies about confidentiality, H&S, COSHH, infection control, and chemical, fire and physical hazards.
- Demonstrateable technical and professional competencies gains in an ISO:15189 accredited environment as an HCPC registered professional. Hands-on experience with histopathology, oncology, immunohistochemistry, microtomy, solid tumour and/or clinical specimen dissection is particularly important.
- BSc or over in a Biological discipline or equivalent.
- It would be beneficial to have a qualification in LEAN/Six Sigma or be working towards this.
- Line management, supervisory or leadership experience at the bench.
- It would be helpful to have experience managing non-gynae cytology prep.
- Sound working knowledge of ISO 15189, covering inspections and quality monitoring such as auditing, flagging non-conformances, and writing and reviewing SOPs.
- Able to supervise and plan team workload, handling technical issues as they arise.
- Able to identify training needs and implement coaching schedules.
- Strong and current bench skills, including staining, embedding, microtomy, IHC, microtomy, dissection, quality control and other diagnostic histology methods.
Please apply if you match the requirements and want to hear more about the role or company!
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted