Title: Senior Scientist - Formulation (Liquids & Emulsions)
Employment Type: Permanent
Salary: Attractive salary depending on experience
We are currently working with a well-established pharmaceutical organisation specializing in generic pharmaceutical products, with a number of licensed medicines in the market. As the senior formulation scientist supporting the over the counter part of the group, this position is responsible for leading the end-to-end technical development of their product pipeline - from concept ideation, to claim support and finished product delivery.
The main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Take ownership for input into the plan and execution of formulation product development, as per the mutually agreed whilst keeping all stakeholders updated, meeting deliverable as required.
- Lead the experimentation, interpretation of data and reporting of results to quality standards.
- Stay abreast of the product competitive landscape to identify opportunities and lead all investigations on new and existing products/raw materials with a view to creating and resolving formulation opportunities and challenges in a precise and timely manner.
- Co-ordinate / prepare samples of prototype and lead formulations, including feasibility stability studies and /or analysis, and complete associated paperwork and taking the lead on technical decision making based on the data generated
- Demonstrate understanding of the requirements for developing formulations across a range of product classifications, including cosmetic, medical devices and licensed medicines.
The successful Formulation Expert will hold a degree (or equivalent experience) in a scientific/engineering principle and will hold significant industrial experience in liquid or emulsion formulation, along with experience of working on licensed pharmaceutical products.
Interested? Or know someone who will be?
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you are interested in this role and require more information, please contact Behruz Sheikh on 0161 868 2202 or email
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted