Job Title: Chemical Procurement Manager
Location: Shropshire, but mainly remote working
Salary: £60,000 - £70,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with an SME chemicals manufacturer who have experienced explosive growth in the last 5 years. With their growth set to continue, they are now looking to hire an experience Chemical Procurement Manager to join the team and facilitate their expansion with a strong network of suppliers and toll manufacturers. This is a fantastic role, which offers a genuine career opportunity in leading the company's chemical purchasing strategy and commercializing innovative chemical products.
Benefits: A key senior position, integral to growth and success, with excellent career prospects. 37.5 working hours, Mon-Fri, very flexible working. Opportunity to WFH up to 4 days a week, with travel to main site in Shropshire once a week. Annual bonus, 5% matched pension contributions, private healthcare and life assurance. 24 days holiday + 8 statutory days (which may be taken anytime).
- Leading and managing procurement processes, including sourcing, negotiations, and supplier relationships for a wide range of chemical products.
- Reviewing the current supply chain to benchmark, ensure fair pricing and renegotiate contracts as needed
- Utilising your network of industry contacts to negotiate contracts with global chemical suppliers, ensuring optimal pricing and quality.
- Exploring and identifying potential partners for toll manufacturing and the associated IP considerations
- Working closely with the Research and Development team to commercialize new chemical products, leveraging third parties and toll manufacturers.
- Building, guiding, and developing a procurement team, fostering a culture of collaboration and high performance.
- Employing strong interpersonal skills to work efficiently within a small team and communicate effectively with external stakeholders.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in chemical procurement, ideally within a SME or start up environment.
- Proven track record in contract negotiations with chemical suppliers.
- Experience procuring naturally modified polymers.
- Significant experience in the commercialization of chemical products utilizing toll manufacturers.
- Robust network of industry contacts that can be leveraged for strategic advantage.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, with a history of managing and developing high-performing teams.
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills, able to build strong relationships both internally and externally.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: procurement, manager, global, polymers, chemistry, chemical, procuring, buying, purchasing, business
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted