Discovery Scientist - new job in Exeter, UK
Discovery Scientist (mammalian cell culture, assay development and neurology) Initially 6-month FTC Exeter, UK - Onsite £ Competitive (varied)I am working closely with a ground-breaking biotech who are working on developing small molecules for progressive neurological conditions. If you are looking for an opportunity to work on cutting edge therapeutics, develop existing laboratory skills and learn new techniques - then this is the chance for you. It also offers the potential of improving the life of some of the one billion people suffering from neurological disorders worldwide!The organisation is looking for a Discovery Scientist with a background in neurology, mitochondrial, metabolic, transcriptomics or proteomics to add value through driving the development of assays, perfect cell culture protocols and an hold a genuine interest in developing wider business acumen such as outsourcing, logistics and intellectual property.Key responsibilities:
- Design and carry out a host of cell-based assays, maintain cell cultures and learn new appropriate techniques.
- Troubleshoot, optimise and perfect processes and procedures.
- Proactively manage your own workflow with support.
- Work closely with the CDO and collaborate with the Senior Scientist at a nearby site.
- Keep electric notebook system up to date, analysis of data and produce reports.
Key skills and experience:
- Mammalian cell culture and cell-based assays (E).
- Knowledge of neurology, mitochondrial, metabolic, transcriptomics and/or proteomics (E).
- Education, ideally PhD, or experience to a high level of expertise in the above areas (E).
- Immunohistochemistry imaging (D).
- Excellent verbal and written skills (E).
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted