HSE Manager - new job in Norfolk, UK
This fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a QHSE team as HSE Manager. This is a key leadership role supporting, and deputising for, the Head of QHSE in maintaining the safe operation of the business.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities of the Position
- Support the Head of QHSE in the development of short, medium and long-term risk reduction strategies for the business in line with the commercial ambition, vision and values of the organisation.
- Identify and advise on the potential impact of any new, safety health and the environment legislation that is being proposed and ensure the company remains compliant.
- HSE Leadership
- Promote safe behaviours and visible safety leadership across the organisation at all levels.
- Lead the Company's HSE team to ensure effective management systems, policies and procedures are in place and understood by all those involved in delivering compliance and/or applying risk controls commensurate with the activities of the business.
- Provide support, training, advice, coaching to accelerate and transfer knowledge to enable the right choices to be made.
- To champion accident / incident prevention and loss control programmes that maintain safety and environment protection as a fundamental priority that remains foremost in the mind of the sites population and reflect in their behaviour.
- Report, investigate and follow up any undesirable events including unauthorised release or noise and or complaints.
- Ensure major accident Hazard scenarios and associated critical controls are fully understood throughout the organisation.
- Ensure process safety and risk reduction reviews are routinely carried out on all relevant activities.
- Ensure appropriate QHSE resources are provided in order to recognise and control potential HSE risks arising from the
- Ensure that the Company maintains a trained and competent emergency response organisation and arrangements to meet the obligations under COMAH relating to onsite and offsite emergency preparedness and response.
- Management systems and auditing
- Take a lead role developing and maintaining the QHSE management systems to defined standards and ensure effective implementation.
- Ensuring that environmental and quality management systems comply with the requirements of BS EN ISO 14001 and BS EN ISO 9001 respectively.
- Monitor compliance of key environmental, health, safety and quality, regulatory permit conditions and legislation requirements by directing suitable auditing & monitoring activities.
Regulatory focal point
- Act as the focal point for a number of external stakeholders including the Health and Safety Executive (HSEx), and Environment Agency (EA)
The successful candidate should hold/have experience in:
HSE Leadership with a broad technical base and experience working in High hazard / COMAH type environment. Ideally, they will also have experience of Environmental Permit controlled activities. A science based degree or equivalent and a post graduate level H/S/E Qualification Be a Chartered Member of IOSH (or equivalent) Have a clear understanding of management systems and their use in controlling and maintain safe and effective operations (e.g. ISO 9001 / 14001 / 45001 certified activities); ideally being an experienced auditor and incident investigator. A working knowledge of COMAH and experience liaising with the Regulators
Other comments: The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent leadership skills and have the ability to manage, coach and develop others across a range of disciplines
- Be happy working on multiple work streams and be able to set clear priorities for themselves and others.
- The ability to understand complex tasks and bring a positive attitude to problem solving.
- An enthusiasm to encourage change and challenge working methods in a constructive manner.
- Diligence and attention to detail to get a job done right first time.
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills to work in a close team whilst also liaising with management staff and contractors across the organisation to achieve joint business goals.
- A flexible approach to working hours and a willingness to cover for colleagues as required.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted