Process Chemistry Specialist - new job in Grangemouth, UK
Job Title: Process Chemistry Specialist - Global Agrochemical Company
Salary: £50,000 - £63,000 + excellent benefits
Im working with a client that is looking for a Process Chemistry Specialist to join their Process Technology Active Ingredient (PTAI) function focussing on improving and developing processes for active ingredient manufacture.
This role will give you the opportunity to develop your skills and gain experience in more than just chemistry - you will have the opportunity to gain and grow leadership, influencing skills as well as wider supply chain and business awareness.
- You will provide extensive chemistry knowledge and direction to drive the technology strategy for established and new manufacturing processes to meet business objectives.
- You will lead, develop, and mentor a team of professional chemists working to gain fundamental process understanding, drive process improvements and support manufacture.
- You will manage short- and longer-term priorities considering resource constraints and business strategies. You will ensure that all activities of self and reports satisfy the requirements of Syngenta and regulatory procedures.
- You will work together with other chemistry, analytical and process engineering teams to maximise flexibility and productivity and improve our technical capabilities and Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality standards.
- Extensive theoretical knowledge of organic, physical-organic and process chemistry.
- Practical experience working in the laboratory.
- Ability to identify and analyse complex and diverse problems - consistently using scientific methods, relevant scientific theory and data analysis.
- Ability to prioritise and plan focussed programmes of practical work extending over several months.
- Appreciation of business drivers and ability to understand the impact of process technology on the supply chain and production.
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and manage technical risk.
- Ability to define proposals and build consensus for implementation.
- Strong communication and networking skills and a flair for team working.
- Commitment to continued personal and professional development.
- Experience with project management and line management is an advantage.
- Must have at least Master's degree in chemistry; PhD in organic, mechanistic or process chemistry is preferable.
To apply click the link or send your CV
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted