Biology technician 21127714 - new job in Bracknell, UK
Job Title: Biology technician
Contract: 6-month cover
Location: Jealotts hill, Berkshire.
Salary: £12.60 p/h
SRG are looking for a biology technician to join a global agrochemical company based near Bracknell, Berkshire. As a biology technician you'd be responsible for preparing and running a wide range of biological assays, working with plants, fungi, insects, and cell cultures, as well as being involved in lab maintenance, to help support the research and development of new chemicals.
This role would be perfect for anyone with a relevant degree, as well as some recent lab experience, either in full time employment or university placement. Any experience working with plants in a lab environment, or an interest in plant science in general, would be an advantage.
The company offers a large research site, with world class scientific facilities as well as on- site sports pitches. This role also offers 39.5 days annual leave per year as standard.
Key Responsibilities will include:
· Executing and monitoring multiple routine biochemical and whole organism assays, delivering high quality data to be used to support the selection of chemical hits for promotion to the next stage of the invention pipeline. · Spot and report problems with your assigned assays to the relevant expert. · Work with experts to organise and perform any trouble-shooting experiments/tests communicating findings and changes. · Perform development tests for existing and or new methods as required by the business. · Ensure all testing is performed following local safety rules and guidelines. · Maintenance of any stock and equipment items required to perform your assays, plan and execute the assay following the SOP and delivering data to agreed timelines. · Monitor the performance and quality of your assigned assay and report your findings to the relevant experts. · Organise and perform any trouble-shooting experiment/test, ensuring collaboration and communication with relevant experts in the team. · Communicate any issues or new processes to rest of team. · Where required, carry out performance testing of new methods, and join discussions around data analysis methods and conclusions.
- Formal training and/or qualification; Biology and lab experience preferable.
- Good organisation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills: oral and written.
- Good scientific background and a willingness to broaden/deepen knowledge around assigned assays.
- This position requires some experience of working in a lab in a relevant professional or academic environment.
To apply click the link or send your CV
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted