Grade C Scientist -LAIV Virology - new job in Speke, UK
- Job Title: Grade C, Scientist
- Location: Speke, Liverpool.
- Contract: 12 months
- Pay: £17.59ph
- Hours: Mon - Fri- 37.5 hours
SRG are currently working with a global pharmaceutical manufacturer based in Liverpool, looking for a Scientist to join the team.
The Flu Biopharmaceutical Development (Flu-BPD) group is a multi-disciplinary scientific function providing expertise in Virology, Process Development, and Analytical Development. The team is responsible for the development of candidate vaccine virus strains for the seasonal, live attenuated, influenza vaccine (LAIV).
The LAIV Virology Group is a dynamic function with a strong focus on science and patient centricity, accountable for the development & characterisation of seasonal candidate vaccine viruses. Core capabilities are tightly aligned with our pipeline, business strategy and enable important medicines to be manufactured, tested, and delivered to patients.
Our client is seeking a highly motivated individual who has previous experience in molecular biology techniques including PCR, cloning & Sanger sequence analyses, ideally with some virology experience.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform relevant molecular/virology lab-based processes based on standard methodology
- Contribute and function effectively in the LAIV Virology strain development team, generating candidate vaccine viruses to a high standard, in accordance with seasonal timelines
- Collaborative working with colleagues in Quality Control and Quality Assurance teams during the strain development season, to ensure smooth progression of candidates from the research environment, into the quality/manufacturing process stages.
- Laboratory documentation of results is accurate, neat and timely, to include investigations. Assist in the review and approval of laboratory documentation
- Ensures that work is performed in accordance with appropriate Safety, Health & Environment (SHE), quality and compliance standards, e.g. Good Laboratory Practice (GLP), Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
- Laboratory maintenance - housekeeping self-inspections and stock control - re-order schedules and communication with key suppliers
Requirements / Qualifications:
- To have a minimum of life science degree or equivalent in Virology, Molecular Biology, or other related field
- Previous laboratory experience of molecular biology and/or virology, ideally within a biopharma setting
Skills and Experience:
- Laboratory experience is essential
- Strong team player, with excellent organisation, record-keeping, & communication skills
If this role is of interest, please apply online today, or contact / 020 3910 9513 to discuss in more detail.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted