Shift analyst - new job in Huddersfield, UK
Job title: Shift Analyst
Salary: up to £16 per hour + shift uplift (circa £40,000)
Shift work: Yes, 12 hour shifts
Contract length: 24 months
We are working with a global agrochemical company based in Huddersfield, the ideal candidate will be a chemistry graduate who has spent 1-2 years in industry working in an analytical setting under their belt, looking to take on more responsibility within a dynamic team.
This is a great opportunity to develop your skills within analytical chemistry and taking on additional responsibilities such as document review and following SOPs.
- Carry out routine analysis of final, process control, experimental and effluent samples using a wide range of analytical techniques whilst ensuring that the data produced meets both business and HSEQ compliance requirements
- Plan own workload ensuring that sample lead-times are met and foresee, communicate and resolve potential priority conflicts as they arise
- To highlight trends in analytical data and bring these to the attention of QC Team Leader and Production Chemists in a timely manner
- Carry out first line trouble shooting and resolution of analytical problems so that a reliable service is restored as rapidly as possible. Where this is not possible then the issue should be escalated to the next technical level
- Provide first line analytical support to satellite plant laboratories as required
- Carry out non-routine analysis or non-routine/development work with direction from the QC Team Leader
- Carry out tanker sampling and analysis (subject to authorisation)
- Ensure that supporting standard work is carried out to ensure smooth running of the laboratory, e.g. calibration of equipment, stores ordering, etc.
- Help to train new and junior members of staff as directed by the QC team leader
- Follow laboratory procedures to ensure that work is carried out safely and that satisfactory hygiene/ housekeeping standards are maintained
- Perform, record and report all analysis in accordance with the established quality system
- Monitor the performance of analytical equipment and methods and assess the fitness of analytical results
- Under the direction of the Duty Manager, perform supporting administrative duties during incident management situations.
- Practical experience of a wide variety of analytical laboratory techniques, inc. complex organic samples and routine environmental liquid effluents.
- Ability to work shifts
- Knowledge of a wide variety of analytical laboratory skills
- IT literate
- Team working/ meeting skills
- Qualification to a minimum of a related science based HNC or NVQ equivalent, degree preferred.
- Sufficient industrial experience would supersede stated qualifications.
If you would like further information on this role or would like to apply, please email Rabia on
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted