Senior R&D Chemist - new job in Cambridge, UK
SRG are working with a multinational pharmaceutical company with a small family-feel Cambridge site. They are committed to improving the quality of life through developing affordable pharmaceuticals. You will have the opportunity to work on a selection of projects from conception to market. You will play an important part in the companies move to produce greener affordable APIs as a Senior Research and Development Chemist.
You will receive a generous salary, performance bonus, and investment in your growth and development in a flexible working environment.
You will be a skilled Synthetic Organic Chemist with experience in the design and development of routes to complex molecules. This is an opportunity to be involved in the early development and optimisation of new synthetic routes for the development of green and cost-efficient processes to manufacture complex APIs and intermediates.
- Development and optimisation of cost effective, robust processes for complex synthetic targets.
- Literature searches to identify potential routes.
- Collaborating closely with other experts to help deliver on company critical projects.
- Compiling clear, concise reports, delivering presentations and potentially attend seminars.
- Regularly present your work at project review meetings with colleagues on other sites
You will have:
- A PhD (or equivalent) in Synthetic Organic Chemistry or a related field.
- Industrial or post-doc work covering designing, developing and optimisation of synthetic routes. Ideally in a pharmaceutical, CRO, CDMO environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload with shifting priorities based on critical deadlines.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to mentor R&D Chemists.
- All-round IT skills (e.g. Microsoft Office, ChemDraw).
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted