Electrical Instrument & Controls Engineer - new job in Norwich, UK
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to assist operational staff with the resolution of complex problems, and implement E I and C improvements to a range of chemical process plants.
The key requirements of the job include implementing a continuous improvement programme to maintain and increase production, whilst meeting the legislative requirements of an Upper Tier COMAH site.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Plan, prioritise and carry out inspection, design, maintenance and testing in accordance with the planned maintenance management system.
- Have the relevant technical expertise to make an immediate positive impact on the performance of the manufacturing plants.
- Have the ability to work on both a macro and micro scale as the work requires it, and be able to balance the varied demands of many internal customers on and off the productions units.
- The preferable candidate will be able to demonstrate the knowledge and application of PLC and DCS systems, namely Rockwell and/or Siemens S7.
Qualifications / Experience
Candidates will ideally be qualified to HNC, HND or Degree level in Electrical, Electronic or Control Engineering, with membership or recognition by a relevant nationally recognised body such as TUV, IET or ICE.
Experience is required working under the Electricity at Work Regulations in an industrial environment, and of managing contractors. They shall also understand in-depth knowledge of applicable legislation including HaSaWA, COMAH, DSEAR, CompEx and relevant HSE Codes of Practice.
Key skills for the role
- Knowledge and application of PLC and DCS systems, namely Rockwell and/or Siemens S7.
- Ability to prioritise demands over a number of systems across a single site.
- Ensure cost-effective delivery to the site.
- Proficient working within teams as well as leading them.
- Balance a range of technical responsibilities.
- Ability to implement Process Improvement Techniques.
- Experience of effectively managing sub-contractors.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted