QC Analyst - new job in West Yorkshire, UK
Laboratory Technician required on a temporary basis, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring a degree in Chemistry or similar. Proven industrial experience of working in an industrial chemicals' laboratory is desirable, although recent Chemistry graduates are encouraged to apply.
Title: Laboratory Technician
Location: West Yorkshire
Term: Temporary Contract
Salary: Negotiable, dependent on experience
SRG are working with a leading company that develop and manufacture speciality chemicals. They are currently looking to hire a temporary Laboratory Technician at their site in West Yorkshire, which will predominantly involve supporting in testing of product batches, in-process samples and raw materials. This is a great opportunity for a recent chemistry graduate to gain some valuable industrial laboratory experience with an innovative, market leading chemicals company, with full training given. Alternatively, this role will suit candidates that have proven industrial experience of wet chemistry analysis.
Role / Description
- Carrying out final testing on production batches
- Entering test data in SAP, maintained inspection lots, assigning usage decisions and flagging any out of spec batches
- Compare test data to control limits to identify out of trend batches
- Evaluate customer complaints, carrying out any investigative lab work as required
- Carrying out shelf life extension requests
- Provide testing PT/Quality support to evaluate plant issues/potentially IQ batches
- Conducting testing and supporting ongoing PT projects
- Ensuring testing equipment is in good condition and product calibrations are up to date
- Maintain the lab to 5S standards
- A degree in Chemistry (or similar)
- Proven industrial experience of analytical laboratory work is desirable but not essential
- High attention to detail
- Ability to efficiently plan, organise and manage own workload
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: chemistry, chemist, laboratory technician, laboratory, laboratory technician, analysis, analytical, analysing samples, graduate chemist, graduate, university, wet chemistry, chemicals, industrial, batch samples, raw materials, finished products
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted