Technical Project Manager required, based in Greater Manchester. Requiring experience of managing/leading technical projects, ideally within the materials science of chemicals sectors.
Title: Technical Project Manager
Location: Greater Manchester
Salary: £25,000-£35,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG are currently working with a leading manufacturer of speciality chemicals used predominantly in the industrial fluid and lubricants industries. With a global presence and a portfolio of growing products, they are now looking to hire a Technical Project Manager on a permanent basis at their site in Greater Manchester. This role will involve managing and driving the scale up of new products and processes into manufacturing, taking them from Initiation through to launch as well as providing project management support to the wider Technical team to enable the delivery of projects on time and on budget.
Benefits: You will join a leading manufacturer of speciality chemicals with a portfolio of growing products at an exciting time for the business. Travel in the UK and abroad to provide support to customers. 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension scheme and performance related bonus.
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday 8:00am-4:00pm (with flexibility)
- Responsible for delivery of innovation and process development projects to budget and time scales as agreed with Project Sponsors
- Manage the tracking of projects and report to senior management as necessary
- Provide technical input for new plant, developing process specifications in collaboration with the Materials Science and Process & Quality Development teams
- Work with the Site Services team to coordinate the installation of new plant and equipment
- Responsible for coordinating Health and Safety assessments for new processes and project equipment. Manage this through tools such as DFMEA, PFMEA and HAZOP
- Degree in a scientific discipline (Materials Science, Process Engineering or similar is preferred)
- Proven industrial experience in a project delivery role, within the chemicals or materials science sectors
- Experience of FMEA and HAZOP
- Experience in using project management tools such as Gantt charts or task planners
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: chemistry, chemicals, project manager, project leader, project managing, materials science, process engineer, project engineer, process engineering, FMEA, HAZOP, Gantt chart
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted