Job title: Analytical Chemist - Agrochemicals
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Salary: £28,000+ p/a
Are you a graduate or early career scientist with hands on analytical chemistry experience? Do you have an interest in environmental or agricultural science and are looking to take your career to the next step?
SRG are seeking an Analytical Chemist to join a large agrochemicals company based in Berkshire, to play a key role in the practical application of analytical techniques. Based at an international, world class research and development facility at Jealott's Hill, you will be a member of the Product Characterisation Group (PCG) providing analysis for colleagues both on site and elsewhere within the global organisation.
You will provide analysis and data for agrochemical active ingredients and formulated products to support the development of products that enable sustainable agriculture to protect the environment whilst feeding a growing, global population.
You will be expected to effectively prioritise multiple tasks and deliver results in a rapidly changing analytical landscape.
You will need to:
- Deliver timely, analytical results through your own experimental work and by supporting others. You will effectively plan and utilise your time.
- Follow analytical methods with due diligence and if necessary, adapt it, with prior discussion with a supervisor.
- Coordinate with other team members to ensure that relevant and timely experiments are conducted, and that suitable data is available to enable decision making for the project.
- Review, interpret and report data from experimental work to colleagues to ensure the objectives are met and that the goals of the projects are progressed.
- Be customer-focused by actively seeking information relevant to the work in hand and discussing issues and problems with colleagues in the analytical and formulation departments.
- Resolve basic, day-to-day problems with analytical instruments.
In order to be successful in this role, we believe you will need:
- A BSc/MSc or similar in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or a closely related subject and/or equivalent analytical lab experience. A good general understanding of physical and organic chemistry.
- Experience of analytical techniques and methods used for the qualitative and/or quantitative analysis of organic chemicals, especially safe conduct in a laboratory. Techniques might include LC, GC and/or mass spectrometry but familiarity with other techniques may also be valuable.
- An open and inquisitive mind; applicants interested in expanding their knowledge into new areas of analytical science would be welcomed.
- Good attention to detail, flexibility and an aptitude for planning and multi-tasking.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Very good numeracy.
To apply click the link or send your CV
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted