Chemical Plant Technician required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring HNC, HND or degree in Applied Science, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering and an interest in industrial chemical manufacturing.
Chemical Plant Technician
Salary: £23,000 - £25,000 per annum
SRG is working with a family-run manufacturer of speciality cosmetic ingredients and products, who have had great success in recent years. With a busy production site and labs in West Yorkshire, they are now looking to hire a Chemical Plant Technician to join the team. This would be a hands-on, practical role, running and monitoring large scale chemical reactions, operating specialised equipment and troubleshooting chemical processes. There will also be some lab-based testing of raw materials and in-process samples. This role would be a fantastic opportunity for someone who has perhaps recently gained their HNC, HND or degree qualification in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering and wants to get stuck into the chemical industry! Any work experience, particularly in manufacturing, would be advantageous - but is not essential. Applications from recent graduates welcome!
Benefits: Permanent position in a well-established and respected chemical manufacturer, full training provided. 20 days holiday (rising with length of service), plus 8 bank holidays. Pension scheme, and annual discretionary bonus for all employees. Working hours: 40 hours per week, Mon - Thurs: 7am-3pm or 1pm - 9pm, rotating weekly. Midday finish on Fridays.
Role / Description
- Following instructions to operate & monitor multiple chemical reactions to make cosmetic & soap products
- Stopping and starting the plant and specialised equipment
- Conducting chemical testing on raw materials and in process samples, as well as assessing appearance and smell
- Closely following safety and quality standards
- Maintaining manufacturing records
- Assisting engineers and management with equipment and machine maintenance
- Reacting quickly and safely to issues to minimise disruption and downtime
- HNC, HND or Degree-level qualification in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering (or similar)
- An interest in chemical reactions and industrial chemical manufacturing processes
- Good wet chemistry skills
- Strong appreciation of chemical health & safety and knowledge of COSHH
- A good work ethic gained from work experience, particularly in manufacturing or similar, is advantageous but not essential
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Jack on 0161 888 2557. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: technical, chemistry, chemical engineering, graduate, HNC, HND, degree, technician operator, chemical, operative, process, production, manufacturing, plant, reaction
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted