Are you an experienced scientist looking for your next scientific challenge within analytical transfer? Are you an aficionado with assay development, confident in designing your own experiments?
SRG are supporting a business who provide key services to the biopharma industry by creating enzymes and other protein based products. These products go on to support pharmaceutical, IVD and clinical chemistry around the world and have a huge impact across the industry.
This is a brilliant opportunity for someone who is looking to be a key part of a company who are under-going huge growth whilst maintaining a real family feel. You will be joining a company dedicated to future thinking, with a new facility, constantly evolving services to clients. The business is also keen to reduce its impact on the environment, and does this by making its own water, and produces electricity on site, reducing its overall environmental impact.
- Be developing your own methods, and then optimising these in accordance with individual project demands, your data/ methods will then be transferred into the QC team.
- You will be in charge of writing draft working instructions for other departments to use your new methods, along with writing new SOP's for the lab.
- Support development and technical leadership of technicians and junior scientists
- Collaborate across the business with other technical teams
- Designing Experiments utilising a wide range of assays including kinetic assays, HPLC, and UPLC.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- A relevant degree (or any other higher education) in bioscience / biological related fields.
- Experience coaching junior members of laboratory staff, and training people in new methodologies.
- Extensive experience designing and optimising a range of assays, including HPLC, UPLC, and kinetic assays
- Experience with writing technical reports (SOP's, draft working instructions etc)
- Experience within SDS PAGE, QPCR, PCR, and western blot would be advantageous
- Experience within analytical method validation would be advantageous
- Experience within GMP or similar standards will be advantageous
- A solution orientated mindset, able to apply technical knowledge to creatively problem solve for the desired outcome.
Why work for this business?
- Brand new facilities and state of the art equipment
- Excellent benefits, including private medical, up to 10% matching pension and lots more
- Relocation support for moving to Kent
- Huge focus on corporate social responsibility including 5 paid days off per year for non-profit work and lots of environmental and CSR opportunities
- Many long-serving staff members
- Potential to offer relocation support to the right candidates
To find out more about these fantastic opportunities or the other opportunities within R&D, or Tech Transfer please get in touch with Amelia Rose at SRG.
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted