Job Title: QA Technician
Vacancy type: Permanent
SRG are currently working on behalf of a well-established microbiology contract testing organisation who operate in the cosmetics, hygiene and pharmaceutical sectors. They are looking for a QA Technician to join their team on a permanent basis. This role is ideal for someone who is beginning their career in QA or wants to make a move into QA from a lab-based role, you will focus on policy and regulation with some exposure to lab-based testing.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to those covering Health and Safety, ISO 17025 and GMP.
- Review, write, amend documentation, such as SOPs or forms.
- Manage the controlled documentation in terms of circulation and availability.
- Admin duties, such as issuing controlled forms or laboratory notebooks to staff; scanning documentation.
- Audit of GMP data, i.e. a review of raw data prior to releasing a GMP CoA or CoP.
- Co-ordination of quality issues, investigations and CAPA.
- Participation in the change control process to ensure changes to processes and systems are managed appropriately to maintain GMP compliance.
- Track, trend and gather data for meetings.
- Conducting training with staff in terms of quality matters, when needed.
- Follow up on updates/changes to publications with regards to GMP.
- Liaising with customers or regulatory representatives.
- Responding to external audit report findings, e.g. plan corrective actions, communicate with regulatory bodies or customers.
- Releasing necessary documentation externally in a controlled manner. Obtaining and maintaining necessary external documentation, when needed.
- Planning and conducting internal audits.
The ideal candidate will hold at least a BSc in a scientific discipline and have experience working either in Quality Assurance or in a Laboratory based industry position.
Interested? Or know someone who will be?
SRG are the UK's number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals, and medical devices sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you are interested in this or any other scientific opportunities, please get in touch with Richard Harris on 0161 868 2212 or email
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted