The post-holder of this role is responsible for providing strategic direction and leadership on SHEQ management processes across company sites, ensuring compliance and leading process, occupational and behavioural improvements.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities
- Develop and maintain the UK SHEQ policy and set the SHEQ strategy for all UK operations.
- Remain fully informed of and ensure compliance with legislative requirements, leading the interface with the UK regulatory bodies.
- Ensure SHEQ Management Systems are developed and maintained and the comprehensive reporting of defined metrics.
- Provide oversight and leadership to QA Managers in order to maintain accreditations, conducting compliance assurance reviews and monitoring progress.
- Develop and lead the programme of all SHE-specific training including delivery, communications and sharing of best practice.
Key skills & experience:
- Degree qualified in Chemistry or an Engineering discipline.
- Post Graduate diploma in Health & Safety.
- Knowledge and experience in waste management.
- Minimum 10 years large-scale, chemical plant experience handling flammable and toxic materials.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a SHE leadership position, preferably on a COMAH site.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant EU and UK legislation.
- Experience in developing SHEQ policies, procedures and training programmes.
- Excellent concern for standards especially relating to SHE performance.
- Strong leadership skills with emphasis on coaching.
- Strategic influencer able to communicate effectively at all levels.
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted