Senior Research Scientist- Statistics and Epidemiology– Competitive package– Our client are a global organisation who have been at the forefront of research to understand and mitigate a wide range of occupational and environmental health risks. Their aim is to improve people’s safety and wellbeing in all aspects of their life.
Our client seeking to appoint an experienced Statistician or Epidemiologist to join our Environment and Public Health (EPH) team within Research.
- The successful candidate will work on and manage a variety of research projects and consultancy surveys undertaken by the team.
- Support the Epidemiology and Public Health leader in existing projects on pollution exposure and health, as well as develop projects and programmes of work with the team
- This role will involve a mix of project work and new business development, including funding proposals.This will involve regular travel both nationally and internationally as required
- Regularly present and attend scientific conferences / networking events ultimately showcasing the organisations brand credentials as well as continuously developing, and expanding, scientific expertise
Our client are seeking a statistician/epidemiologist with expertise in spatial and temporal modelling with respect to environmental risks, particularly air pollution, and links to health outcomes. Experience with Bayesian methods and/or machine learning are beneficial. Responsibilities will include supporting existing projects on air pollution and other environmental/occupational exposures, and health, study design and data analysis, and new project and proposal development within the EPH team and in Research as a whole. A doctoral degree in statistics, biostatistics, epidemiology or a closely related field is desired, along with ability to work in teams, including interdisciplinary teams with others from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Doctoral degree in statistics, epidemiology, informatics, or a related field, preferably with either a health or environmental focus with at least 2 years post-doctoral experience
- Ability to develop study designs and analysis plans as well as carry out analysis
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills
- Is punctual, reliable and aims for high standards in their work
- Creative thinker, good problem-solving skills
- Flexibility and adaptability, along with willingness and ability to learn new topics/skills
- Ability to organise the work of others, regardless of seniority
- Has experience of a range of software including R, Python, and other statistical and programming skills
The Company and Benefits
Our client really are a global leader in their field and have worked on life-changing research for 50 years. This is an amazing and rare opportunity to join them and be part of an NFP, who look after their staff and are leaders in research within the field of occupational and environmental health risks.
- Flexible working
- 34 days annual leave including public holidays
- NFP organisation
- Group personal pension
- Income Protection
- Death in Service
- Access to flexible benefits & rewards platform
- Employee Assistance Programme including wellbeing hub and access to a 24hr helpline and counselling service
- On-site parking
- A chance to work for an organisation whose aim is to make people’s lives, and the environment in which we live, better
What should you do next?
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join a NFP organisation who are at the forefront of research and whose main purpose is to improve people’s health and safety at work, at home and in the environment through excellent independent science.
Please apply online or get in touch to discuss further. Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the European Union, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work there. SRG Ltd acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency on behalf of our client in recruitment for this role.