Location: Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, England, UK
Job Ref: BLOPTI01
Sub-sector: Biotech/Life Sciences
Date Added: 10 December 2020
We're looking for Bioscience Leads based in and around Leamington Spa to join the NHS Test and Trace team in their state of the art facility.
A rare opportunity has arisen for an analytical and collaborative Bioscience Lead with pathology experience looking for a significant new role in Royal Leamington Spa. SRG is assisting a lab in finding a Bioscience Lead to work on a fixed-term contract, with an associated salary of £51,519 p/a. Are you ready to help make a difference today?
This biotechnology role requires a highly-skilled, pragmatic, and experienced lab lead for this Bioscience laboratory role. You will be working in state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme.
To give you an idea of what this significant role will entail, these are some things you will be tackling in your first week:
- Performing quality assurance and overseeing lab teams
- Identifying and escalating risks and issues and managing the testing and introduction of new methodologies
- Undertaking and processing biomedical specimens by handling human biological samples
- Supervising less experienced lab staff in your area of competence
'Once in a lifetime opportunity' is an overused phrase, but it has never been more true than for this biotech lead role. In return for your expertise, you will receive a generous rate of pay (with a 20% uplift applied for night working and end of contract bonus), and comprehensive training on relevant lab procedures and equipment.
To apply for this Bioscience position, you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
- A Biological Science or related degree.
- Prior work with pathology IT, including viral RNA testing using real-time PCR methodology.
- Experience of training and supervising staff in a laboratory setting.
- A higher-level degree/qualification, e.g. MSc, Higher Specialist portfolio, would be desirable.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please contact SRG to apply for this Bioscience Lead role in Royal Leamington Spa.