Job Title: Principal Consultant – Discovery & Development
Salary: £32,000 - £42,000 Dependant on Experience (+ Bonus)
Location: Media City, Salford / WFH (Hybrid)
SRG is UK’s number one science recruiter and expert across Life Science, Clinical and Engineering. We are looking for an experienced Business Development Consultant to join our established Life Science team, responsible for delivering and developing the Drug Discovery & Diagnostics markets. The key purpose of this role is to develop our market share in these crucial areas further, by bringing in new business whilst delivering to our existing partners. We are looking for someone with good knowledge of discovery and development of therapeutics and/or diagnostics, so you can use this to place the best candidates in roles, spanning from bench to boardroom.
What’s in it for you?
- You’ll be working for an award winning and marketing leading recruitment brand
- We're part of Impellam Plc. Impellam is the UK’s largest staffing partner – SRG has a small company feel but with the robust structure of the Plc
- Hybrid working from day one
- Flexible working hours
- Transparent career path from day one
- State of the art search tools and a database of over 1000 candidates
- Autonomy to work your way, with full support when needed
- 24 days holiday (rising with service) + Public holidays with the option to buy and sell
- Mental Well-being time
- Suite of flexible benefits for you to choose from including EV Scheme
- We’re committed to DE&I – join us, be yourself
- We’re committed to CSR – if you want to give back, you’ll get time off to do that
You will be:
- Attending face to face networking events, gathering market intelligence, and increasing our reach across customers in the drug discovery and diagnostics space.
- Utilising database, job boards and other appropriate resources to find candidates for vacancies.
- Engaging with customers through phone and email to build relationships.
- Fully briefing with hiring managers to understand the need whilst educating and advising on the current market.
- Working closely with the team, sharing information, job leads and candidates.
- Regular contact and timely management of client and candidate relationships to progress the recruitment process.
- Negotiating and renegotiating timescales or outcomes if needed to better manage expectations.
- Supporting candidates through the recruitment process: CV advice, interview organisation, interview preparation, provision of feedback, management of the offer process, salary negotiation, pre and post start check ins.
- Degree in a STEM subject preferred or scientific experience in industry, preferably across diagnostics or drug discovery
- Previous experience of business development across STEM is ideal
- Excellent communication skills
- Interested in people and naturally inquisitive
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Solutions focused
How to apply:
Click the button below to email a copy of your CV to Tez Shah.
Please note that we can only consider candidates based in England, with full Right to Work in the UK.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please click here view our jobs in scientific industries.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It’s this combination that makes us different. We’re committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.