Job Title: Consultant – Discovery & Development
Salary: Dependant on Experience (+ Bonus)
Location: Huntingdon/ Hybrid
SRG are a well-established science recruiter and expert across Life Science, Clinical and Engineering. We are looking for a consultant to join our proven Life Science team, responsible for delivering and developing the Drug Discovery & Diagnostics markets. The key purpose of this role is to develop our market share in these crucial areas further, by bringing in new business whilst delivering to our existing partners. Ideally, we are seeking candidates with a Life Sciences background. Proven knowledge of drug discovery or the development of therapeutics and/or diagnostics would be a distinct advantage.
What’s in it for you?
- Hybrid working from day one - our office is in Huntingdon
- Flexible working hours
- Transparent career path from day one
- Joining a supportive and collaborated team
- Mental Well-being time
- Suite of flexible benefits for you to choose from including EV Scheme
- We’re committed to DE&I – join us, be yourself
- We’re committed to CSR – if you want to give back, you’ll get time off to do that
You will be:
- Utilising database, job boards and other appropriate resources to find candidates for vacancies
- Engaging with customers through phone and email to build relationships
- Fully briefing with hiring managers to understand the need whilst educating and advising on the current market
- Working closely with the team, sharing information, job leads and candidates
- Regular contact and timely management of client and candidate relationships to progress the recruitment process
- Negotiating and renegotiating timescales or outcomes if needed to better manage expectations
- Supporting candidates through the recruitment process: CV advice, interview organisation, interview preparation, provision of feedback, management of the offer process, salary negotiation, pre and post start check ins
- Degree (or equivalent) in a Life Sciences STEM subject preferred or scientific experience in industry, preferably across diagnostics or drug discovery
- Excellent communication skills
- Interested in people and naturally inquisitive
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Account management/client focused experience
- Solutions focused
SRG is the UK’s number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none; this is what makes us different. We’re committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities at all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
How to apply:
If you think this role is for you then apply now and we will get in touch for a confidential chat. Click the button below to email a copy of your CV to Tez Shah.
Please note that we can only consider candidates based in England, with full Right to Work in the UK.
If you have a scientific background but this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please click here view our jobs in scientific industries.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It’s this combination that makes us different. We’re committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.