We are currently looking for Laboratory Technicians in and around Plymouth.
Fixed Term Contract
We're currently seeking Plymouth-based Laboratory Technicians within the pre and post extraction phase of PCR activities, to work within a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while also extending your already accomplished technical skills and positioning your Scientific career for further success and growth.
If you meet the criteria below, please apply via https://bit.ly/34DZEaT.
As a Pre and Post Extraction Laboratory Technician, you will:
- Undertake sample reception, preparation, analysis and recording of results in accordance with approved procedures.
- Liaise with line manager as part of a team delivering a high quality protocol based technical service under the supervision of scientific staff
- Communicate with a range of colleagues and external suppliers/stakeholders
- Operate sophisticated, automated laboratory equipment and perform scientific techniques under supervision
- Appropriately handle body fluids and materials, including high risk specimens
- Report results in accordance with departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and as appropriate to grade
- Act as supervisor for support grade staff members as agreed with the laboratory management team
Successful candidates need to have:
- Previous experience working in a relevant laboratory and have the experience and knowledge of duties required to support senior laboratory staff.
- Strong Scientific background of BSc level qualification within a scientific discipline, A levels including a science subject/NVQ 4, IBMS Certificate of Achievement (Part 2), or Foundation degree.
- Ability to communicate clearly, follow instructions, have accurate record keeping skills and be able to make decisions.
- Flexibility to work on a shift basis in a laboratory operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
As well as a competitive rate of pay (with an uplift applied for night working), you'll receive comprehensive training on relevant lab procedures and equipment.
This role will work on a shift pattern and will include day, evening and weekend shifts. Please speak to our team to learn more.
You will also be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team. Diversity at NHS Test and Trace is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focussed on delivering the best possible outcome.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today via https://bit.ly/34DZEaT .