Fixed Term Contract
We're currently seeking a Liverpool based Laboratory Operations manager with experienced of processing large scientific data sets to work within a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while also extending your already accomplished scientific data skills and positioning your career for further success and growth.
- Manage laboratory operations of the laboratory including resource allocation, supply and maintenance of equipment, reagents and consumables.
- Provide operational management to plan, organise and deliver a cohesive service with robust and consistent systems.
- Organise and coordinate the roles and responsibilities of the technical team in compliance with college policies and procedures and in accordance with Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP), ICH-GCP and other accreditation guidelines (e.g. ISO Standards).
- Develop and maintain clear lines of communication with DHSC to deliver on service agreement.
- Control workplace practices and conduct in the laboratory to ensure compliance with legal, health and safety standards.
- Responsible for the environmental monitoring of the Local Laboratory setting.
- In collaboration with the Quality Assurance Manager:
- Develop and review Standard Operating Procedures
- Ensure laboratory documentation for operational requirements and reports (for internal and external reference) are appropriately generated and controlled. This includes the preparation and review of documents as required for licensing (for example HTA license) and accreditations (specifically ISO 15189:2012) to ensure timely submissions for laboratory licensing and accreditation with regulatory and accreditation agencies.
- Implement and maintain monitoring systems to ensure compliance with GCLP and other guidelines.
- Prepare, plan, conduct and evaluate audit findings.
- When required, process corrective actions, which may include the implementation of new systems, and verify the effectiveness of such actions following internal audits and/or external inspections.
- Be responsible for the maintenance of all laboratory equipment and the associated preventative maintenance schedule, ensuring servicing is completed periodically and records are maintained to comply with GCLP and other regulatory requirements.
- Plan ahead for future service provision, equipment supply, and staff availability to meet the required volume of tests, adapting plans at short notice in response to changes in priorities.
- Act as the central point of contact for laboratory equipment related matters/troubleshooting.
- Ensure safety in the laboratory, compliant with current HSE regulations and UK Biocentre Safety Polices and comply with the Human Tissues Act 2004 with respect to "the storage of relevant material which has come from a human body for a scheduled purpose".
- As part of the management team provide input and assistance with strategic operational plan development and implementation.
In order to be successful in the role, you'll need the following education and experience:
- Science related degree as a minimum
As well as a competitive rate of pay, you'll receive comprehensive training on relevant lab procedures and equipment.
You will also be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team. Diversity is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focussed on delivering the best possible outcome.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today with the attached link https://bit.ly/34DZEaT
your application has been submitted