We're currently seeking an Advanced Biomedical Scientist (Training Lead - Band 7) based in and around Central London
Fixed Term Contract
We're currently seeking an Advanced Biomedical Scientist (Training Lead - Band 7) based in and around Central London to work within a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while positioning your Scientific career for further success and growth.
If of interest and you meet the criteria of the below, please apply via the following link - https://bit.ly/34DZEaT.
As an Advanced BMS Training Lead, you will join as an efficient and flexible member of the Pathology team providing a consistently high quality and professional service to staff aning d all users of the service, responsible for the training and development of staff within the Microbiology laboratories across the network.
Day to day activities in your role as a Laboratory Shift Supervisor will include:
- To support the Microbiology Discipline Manager and Clinical Director in ensuring that Microbiology continues to fulfil all the requirements necessary to maintain its status as an HCPC approved training laboratory.
- Ensure that Microbiology laboratories continue to fulfil all the requirements necessary to maintain its status as an ISO 15189 accreditation by demonstrating thorough, comprehensive training and competency programmes.
- To provide the necessary training and supervision of staff within Microbiology to develop and improve the professional expertise and specialist skills as required by the changing needs of the Microbiology service.
- To be responsible for implementing and executing a continued professional development programme, performing audits as required and assessing the compliance of staff in line with regulatory bodies.
- To ensure staff develop and maintain competencies required to deliver a high quality and effective service.
- To ensure there is an effective and accountable training programme in place that develops the laboratory support staff grades and scientific staff to achieve registration and further post registration qualifications.
- To maintain specialist laboratory skills to enable you to participate in the laboratory rota as and when required.
In order to be successful in the role of our Laboratory Shift Supervisor, you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
- MSc or equivalent specialist experience at Masters level
- An honours degree or equivalent in a biological science
- HCPC Registration
- Hold the IBMS Specialist Diploma in relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- Previous experience of supervising and undertaking the training of staff
- Proven experience post HCPC registration in the relevant discipline
- Excellent working knowledge of all aspects of specialist subject in relevant discipline
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Evidence of ability to problem solve
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation, policies and procedures
- Evidence of experience of quality management systems, audits and document control
- Knowledge of quality control and assurance
You will be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team. Diversity at NHS Test and Trace is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focused on delivering the best possible outcome.
If you're ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today via https://bit.ly/34DZEaT.