Job Title: Analytical Chemist
1 year - Renewable Contract or potential for conversion
Onsite training and excellent benefits.
DAY SHIFT AVAILABLE
Location: Richmond, VA
Job Title Analytical Chemist II
Please note there are a total of 4 positions available
1211 Sherwood Ave.
Richmond, VA 23220
Industrial experience is preferable but will consider grads
LIMS & Empower (or similar)- very strong plus
Core hours Mon-Thu 9 hr shift, Friday 1/2 shift (flex start 7am-8:30am) - may occasionally need OT, but OT is avoided
• Support Operations by analyzing raw materials, intermediate batches, packaging and finished products as required.
• Responsible for instrument trouble shooting.
• Perform analytical testing on all incoming Raw Materials using USP/NF, FCC, Pharmacopoeia and GSK methodology.
• Data analysis and entry of test results. Investigate out of specification results.
• Support method development, validation and/or product transfer activity as necessary.
• Preparation, documentation and maintenance of test solutions and standards.
• Maintain, calibrate, and validate laboratory equipment.
• Ensures that GMP, Quality, Healthy & Safety are considered in all aspects of role.
• Perform other duties as directed by lab manager.
Describe the key deliverables to be achieved by the post holder and the ongoing responsibilities of the role
• Routine testing of raw material, bulk batch, packaging and stability samples.
• Authority to notify Operations in manufacturing or filling processes if a problem affecting the quality of the product has been discovered.
• Authority to initiate investigations in quality related issues.
• Investigate out of specification an out of trend data, and recommend CAPA. Participate on cross-functional teams.
• Comply with all safety procedures and policies.
• Participate in Operational Excellence initiatives and programs.
• Incorporate Lean Sigma/Lean Lab principles into ways of working.
• Flexibility to work extended hours (including weekends) to archive results as needed.
Knowledge/ Education / Previous Experience Required
• Bachelor of Science degree in applicable scientific discipline or equivalent on the job experience.
• Minimum 2-3 years of related work experience.
• Working laboratory experience, preferably with pharmaceutical experience.
• Working knowledge of GSK Quality standards, and GMP requirements.
• Working knowledge of validations, calibration systems, and instrumentation.
• Working knowledge of applicable GSK policies and procedures.
• Problem solving/continuous improvement skills.
SRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.
your application has been submitted