Job Title: Lab Operations Specialist
6 Month Renewable Contract or potential for conversion
Onsite training and excellent benefits.
DAY SHIFT AVAILABLE
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Location: Onsite Role, with possible option of working 1 day from home a week.
Hours: 8hrs hours shift.
• Oversee and maintain laboratory policies and procedures for equipment maintenance, laboratory cleanliness and organization, Environmental Health and Safety requirements
• Actively oversee laboratory supply inventory for general use areas
• Coordinate and execute the movement of equipment, laboratory materials, and inventory to allow for efficient space utilization.
• Perform activities related to the maintenance of assigned laboratories, operational services, repairs – resolves daily laboratory and service issues; assists with and monitors the work of contract service providers for repairs and services.
• Work closely with Facilities and Engineering department to coordinate equipment maintenance and transfer schedules, and coordinate with vendors to ensure rapid equipment repairs, equipment induction process, and utilization of electronic asset management system
• Perform regular preventive activities on laboratory equipment in GLP-like environment, manage equipment moves and space utilization, as well as coordinating emerging equipment and technology demonstrations
• Develop and maintain training documents for equipment, hazardous waste management, and laboratory safety
• Acts as a point of contact between cross functional groups, sites, and outside collaborations + vendors
• Work with teams to assist with sample inventory onsite and offsite; act as coordinator with offsite storage project management team
• Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives to increase operational efficiency of the laboratory
• Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Immunology, or other Life sciences with at least 2 years hands-on experience in a laboratory. 1-3 years relevant laboratory management experience a plus
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential
• Strong understanding (advanced skills) of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Smartsheet
• Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership in areas of responsibility
• Comfortable in a fast-paced company environment with potentially minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
• Understanding of Lean and Operational Excellence principles a plus
SRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.
your application has been submitted