Description: 1 Year contract with possible renewal. M-F 40 hours per week.
Senior Researcher, Biology
We are seeking a motivated Senior Researcher with cell biology, biochemistry, and image analysis experience to join the Immunodementia Biology group at G2D2 in Cambridge, MA. The selected candidate will join a team working to assess the effects of glial modulation on Alzheimer’s disease pathophysiology. Activities will involve a combination of in-vitro and in-vivo methods. The successful candidate will contribute to the execution of in-vitro and ex-vivo cell based assays to support the validation of targets to treat Alzheimer’s disease.
• Work with Scientist to design, execute, and interpret experimental findings
• Support in-vitro studies by participating in the development and execution of cell based assays
• Support efforts to develop disease relevant cellular models using neurons and glia
• Support in-vivo studies by participating in tissue dissociations and follow up biochemical and flow cytometry based assays
• Communicate critical results and troubleshooting to the team
• Maintain lab notebook and document data
• MS in biological sciences or BS in biological sciences with 2-3 years relevant experience in academia or industry
• Understanding of basic neurobiology
• A combination of the following skills
o Experience with mammalian cell culture
o Experience with immunofluorescence staining of cells and tissues
o Experience with high content imaging and analysis
o Experience with flow cytometry
o Experience with western blot or ELISA techniques
o Experience with tissue dissociation and cell isolation methods
• A willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies as needed
• An ability to adapt and respond to changes in a fast paced, collaborative environment
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
Eisai requires all contractors providing services to Eisai to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide valid proof of vaccination as of their start date to their employer/supplier, to the extent permitted under applicable law. This requirement is a condition of providing services to Eisai, and it applies regardless of whether the contractor is located at an Eisai site, field based or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine for qualified medical reasons (including pregnancy-related) or religious reasons (sincerely held religious beliefs), you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation from your employer/supplier.
SRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.
your application has been submitted